Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Well, so much for a frequently updated blog!! Over the past five days I have pulled a major muscle in my back and then got a very nasty case of food poisoning from a suspect chicken sandwich.
DS1 has also had the food poisoning. Poor child. He went to school on Monday morning, feeling a little odd - as was I at that time but I put it down to a slight hangover. By 11.00 I was feeling like death and correctly diagnosing food poisoning (it's not like I have never had it before - like the time I ended up in hospital on my wedding night). Then the phone went - the school needing me to go and pick DS1 up. That was a fun car journey, with both of us moaning every time the car went round a corner.
We were both in bed for two days, but he has bravely returned to school today because the first year have a bonding-type thing away at Haddo House which he didn't want to miss. I still feel shaky so I hope he is OK and not too overwhelmed by the almost inevitable building of rafts and messing about with water that happens on these sort of occasions. I have to say, however, that I think that most of my shakes are to do with the back pain now rather than the the stomach upset. My health is great.
So there has been a little hiatus in the whole 'starting research leave' thing, but I am reading Blogging for Dummies at the moment as a nice little, easy, introduction.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home