Thursday, September 14, 2006

The last few days I have been working on finishing an article so it can be sent off to the Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication. The article is based on the pilot project that C and I undertook last year, so it has been quite helpful to refresh my memory about certain things.
I need to start thinking about adding more of my favourite blogs to my blogroll. I have only put two there at the moment - Nee Naw and Finslippy. These are the two blogs I check every day. They don't post every day, so it is an exciting moment when I click and see a new post. They are both excellent writers with a lot of humour mixed in, which is what I look for in a blog, to be honest.
I've started compiling my 100 British bloggers list so that I can email them with the survey as soon as it goes up. Have not been able to get the survey up as soon as I want to because the technician who is going to help me (and do I need help with all the technical stuff) is on holiday until the 29th, which is a bit annoying but can't be helped. My theory is that I will gather all my email addresses first and then will be ready when she comes back.
It is so difficult to find email addresses on some blogs! I would say that a good 50% of the blogs I click on I can't find an email address and so I have to move on. I go cross eyed with looking for an address sometimes! There also seems to be much more spam and marketing blogs out there. I have decided that I am only interested in personal blogs, not marketing tools. Also my criteria are: over 18; must have posted at least once in the past month; based in the UK or US; must have an email address so that I can contact them. Right, now I have written my criteria down so must stick to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home