Friday, September 29, 2006

Searching for women

Bizarre title, but there we are. I have spent the last two days trawling the net looking for women bloggers in the UK. According to my research timetable, by today I am supposed to have identified my 100 male and female bloggers from the UK, all ready to email them begging them to take my survey. As I have said before, I think, the criteria are that they have to be resident in the UK, over 18, have blogged at least once in the last month and have an email address or other way of emailing them on the page.
Using Britblog I managed to get the men together very quickly by randomly hitting every first blogger in a particular geographic area. But this random method provided me with all the men I needed but only about 10 women. So now I am trawling through Britblog trying to find women!!
What gets me though is that all the commentators on blogging state that women make up at least 50% of bloggers, particularly journal bloggers. So where are they all? Can we assume that women don't want to publicise themselves through Britblog?
If you are a woman blogger who fits my criteria and wouldn't mind taking my survey - please get in touch!!

1 Comments:

Blogger mipmup. said...

i'm a contributing editor at blogher. have you checked out the european blogroll for some info. good luck on this fantastic project!

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home