Tuesday, October 10, 2006

About to send out first emails

I am about to send out my first emails to ask for participation in the survey. In the email I plan to direct anyone interested in the project to this blog, where further information about my previous work on blogs will be available.

So here it is:
Previous articles/conference papers on blogging include:
Sarah Pedersen, 'Women Users' Motivations for Establishing and Interacting with Blogs', The International Joural of the Book, Vol 3, issue 2, pp 85-90
Sarah Pedersen and Caroline Macafee, The Practices and Popularity of British Bloggers, ELPUB2006. Digital Spectrum: Integrating Technology and Culture - Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Electronic Publishing held in Bansko, Bulgaria 14-16 June 2006 / Edited by: Bob Martens, Milena Dobreva. 2006, pp. 155-164

If you are someone who has been asked to complete my survey I really hope that you will be able to spare the time. Many thanks.

9 Comments:

Blogger Gretel said...

Hi Sarah, just got your mail about the survey, will be very happy to fill it in!

best

Gretel/PG

2:44 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Many thanks!

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, are your previous reports available for download anywhere?

Best,
Dug

3:08 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Dug
The Journal of the Book one is unfortunately not free - see link in my post of today. The ElPub 2006 conference paper, however, seems to be freely available if you sign in to the Elpub site (which anyone can do I think). That's one which was a pilot of this project and focused entirely on British bloggers' characteristics. Another paper on the subject of British bloggers is under review at the moment.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best wishes Sarah. I've just done your survey and hope that you get all my comments throughout the survey.

I'd be interested to know how you came to find and choose my blog. I see your other post further down you were fairly desperate to find female bloggers so I've gone from feeling well chuffed to be picked, to see that you were probably scraping the barrel! ;-) Don't worry, I am teasing :-D

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, more than happy to help.

Just finished filling mine in but have come away with a feeling of "How did you pick meeee?" like Doris.

Best wishes for the rest of your work!

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah

OK, I responded! I'm not sure what on earth you'll make of it though. Funny, I always think of my blog as such a little closed circle. I forget that people stumble across it....

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Filled in the questionaire - which was weird! Your information is very interestng; I've been blogging for a while and get most response from US gals as opposed to UK girlies. Have always wondered why! Hope we can read your conclusions

10:12 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Please see my post of today (11 October) for a more detailed explanation of why YOU were chosen for my survey!
Thanks to everyone who has responded so far.
Sarah

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home