Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday's update

Many thanks to all those of you who have so far completed the survey. If there is anyone out there still dithering about whether or not to do it, I would really appreciate it if you did!
Am planning to start number crunching soon and plan to post some of the statistical findings on the blog.
Without any number crunching at all, can I tell you that, so far, 100% of respondents use their own computers for blogging and have a high-speed connection at home for their computer. This information may seem slightly redundant, but following on from various US research findings that many bloggers are recent graduates or still at university I thought it possible that bloggers could be using university computers for blogging. In addition, with many high-profile sackings related to blogging about or at work I wanted to know whether people were using work computers. Answer seems to be not really!
So far, this next comment is based on an impression as I read through the survey returns rather than statistics, but a tremedous amount of the respondents seem to be working at home. This is interesting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking as a blogger who works from home, I sometimes wonder how a person who doesn't work from home would find significant time to blog.

I have the luxury of an extra couple hours which would otherwise be used as commute time to compose my thoughts, and blog. I also have intervals during the day where I can break from my client projects to respond to reader comments.

My hat is off to those who find the time to balance on-site work with off-site blogging.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home